The Raising Your Game Program
The Raising Your Game (RYG) program consists of three phases: Preparation, Workshop, and Re-Entry. The full program is approximately ten weeks in duration.
RYG is unlike most professional development programs in that the value you receive is highly dependent on your commitment to introspection and personal reflection throughout the course. In preparation for the workshop, you will be asked to complete pre-reading and to reflect on a series of questions related to your character and presence as a change management professional.
The RYG Workshop begins at 6:30 on Thursday evening, and goes through 5:00 Saturday afternoon. During that time, you will engage in various activities in order to explore such questions as:
· What is at the core of who I am as a change practitioner (not my long-standing habits or preferences and not what I do to gain others’ approval)?
· What aspects of my basic nature contribute to or detract from the client impact I seek?
· What comes from deep within me that, if/when it is expressed, I feel I’m generating the greatest value I have to offer?
· What kind of clients would value and respect the change professional I have within me and what do I need to do to secure more of these kinds of working relationships?
Finally, it’s important to recognize that individuals experience everything from subtle to profound discoveries during the workshop. These insights are not always easy to translate back into your work environment, so this phase of the RYG program focuses on just that challenge. Before you leave the workshop, you will be paired with a fellow participant who will serve as your partner for the first four weeks of re-entry. During this time, the two of you will be provided carefully structured questions to first ponder yourself, and then to discuss with each other. The purpose of these questions is to help you:
- Continue to explore how character and presence can be leveraged for greater impact with your clients
- Ensure the insights drawn from the workshop are properly integrated back into each practitioner’s work setting
You’ll be encouraged to set up phone calls to share your responses with one another prior to each of two full cohort calls (scheduled two weeks and four weeks after the workshop) where we discuss the realities of integrating RYG learning back into your day-to-day change practice.
Finally, everyone in your cohort is offered a 1:1 coaching session with a member of the Conner Academy staff. The purpose of this session is to further advance your re-entry process and address any outstanding questions you are facing. This 90-minute online video session is usually conducted approximately two weeks following the second full cohort re-entry call.
The ACMP Atlanta Raising Your Game workshop is April 26-28, 2018. You can find out more about the program, and submit an expression of interest on the Conner Partners website here.